Treatment for Liver Cancer The liver is a large, meaty organ that sits on the right side of the belly…. The liver also detoxifies chemicals and metabolizes drugs. As it does so, the liver secretes bile that ends up back in the intestines. The liver also makes proteins important for blood clotting and other functions
Liver disease is any disturbance of liver function that causes illness.The liver is responsible for many critical functions within the body and should it become diseased or injured, the loss of those functions can cause significant damage to the body. Liver disease is also referred to as hepatic disease. Treatment for Liver Cancer
Liver disease is a broad term that covers all the potential problems that cause the liver to fail to perform its designated functions. Usually, more than 75% or three quarters of liver tissue needs to be affected before a decrease in function occurs. Treatment for Liver Cancer
The liver is the largest solid organ in the body; and is also considered a gland because among its many functions, it makes and secretes bile. The liver is located in the upper right portion of the abdomen protected by the rib cage. It has two main lobes that are made up of tiny lobules. The liver cells have two different sources of blood supply.The hepatic artery supplies oxygen rich blood that is pumped from the heart, while the portal vein supplies nutrients from the intestine and the spleen. Normally, veins return blood from the body to the heart, but the portal vein allows chemicals from the digestive tract to enter the liver for “detoxification” and filtering prior to entering the general circulation. The portal vein also efficiently delivers the chemicals and proteins that liver cells need to produce the proteins, cholesterol, and glycogen required for normal body activities. Treatment for Liver Cancer
As part of its function, the liver makes bile, a fluid that contains among other substances, water, chemicals, and bile acids (made from stored cholesterol in the liver). Bile is stored in the gallbladder and when food enters the duodenum (the first part of the small intestine), bile is secreted into the duodenum, to aid in the digestion of food. The liver is the only organ in the body that can easily replace damaged cells, but if enough cells are lost, the liver may not be able to meet the needs of the body.
The liver can be considered a factory; and among its many functions include the following:
- production of bile that is required in the digestion of food, in particular fats;
- storing of the extra glucose or sugar as glycogen, and then converting it back into glucose when the body needs it for energy;
- production of blood clotting factors;
- production of amino acids (the building blocks for making proteins), including those used to help fight infection;
- the processing and storage of iron necessary for red blood cell production;
- manufacture of cholesterol and other chemicals required for fat transport;
- conversion of waste products of body metabolism into urea that is excreted in the urine; and
- metabolizing medications into their active ingredient in the body. Treatment for Liver Cancer
read more on How to Restore Proper and Healthy Eyesight
Cirrhosis is a term that describes permanent scarring of the liver. In cirrhosis, the normal liver cells are replaced by scar tissue that cannot perform any liver function. Acute liver failure may or may not be reversible, meaning that on occasion, there is a treatable cause and the liver may be able to recover and resume its normal functions.
What are the causes of liver disease (drug-induced liver disease)? Treatment for Liver Cancer
Drug-induced liver disease
Liver cells may become temporarily inflamed or permanently damaged by exposure to medications or drugs. Some medications or drugs require an overdose to cause liver injury while others may cause the damage even when taken in the appropriately prescribed dosage. Taking excess amounts of acetaminophen (Tylenol, Panadol) can cause liver failure. Treatment for Liver Cancer
What are the causes of liver disease (hepatitis and others)?
The term “hepatitis” means inflammation, and liver cells can become inflamed because of infection.Hepatitis A is a viral infection that is spread primarily through the fecal-oral route when small amounts of infected fecal matter are inadvertently ingested. Hepatitis A causes an acute inflammation of the liver which generally resolves spontaneously. The hepatitis A vaccine can prevent this infection. Thorough hand washing, especially when preparing food is the best way to prevent the spread of hepatitis A. This is especially important for workers who work in the food and restaurant industries. Treatment for Liver Cancer
Hepatitis B is spread by exposure to body fluids (needles from drug abusers, contaminated blood, and sexual contact) and can cause an acute infection, but can also progress to cause chronic inflammation (chronic hepatitis) that can lead to cirrhosis and liver cancer. The hepatitis B vaccine can prevent this infection. Hepatitis C causes chronic hepatitis. An infected individual may not recall any acute illness. Hepatitis C is spread by exposure to body fluids (needles from drug abusers, contaminated blood, and some forms of sexual contact). Chronic hepatitis C may lead to cirrhosis and liver cancer. At present, there is no vaccine against this virus. There is a recommendation to test all people born between 1945 and 1965 for Hepatitis C antibody to identify people who do not know that they have contracted the disease. Newer medications are now available to treat and potentially cure Hepatitis C. Treatment for Liver Cancer
Hepatitis D is a virus that requires concomitant infection with hepatitis B to survive, and is spread via body fluid exposure (needles from drug abusers, contaminated blood, and sexual contact). Hepatitis E is a virus that is spread via exposure to contaminated food and water. Treatment for Liver Cancer
Other viruses can also cause liver inflammation or hepatitis as part of the cluster of symptoms. Viral infections with infectious mononucleosis (Epstein Barr virus), adenovirus, and cytomegalovirus can inflame the liver. Non-viral infections such as toxoplasmosis and Rocky Mountain spotted fever are less common causes. Treatment for Liver Cancer
Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease
NASH or non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (also referred to as “fatty liver”) describes the accumulation of fat within the liver that can cause inflammation of the liver and a gradual decrease in liver function. Hemochromatosis
Hemachromatosis (iron overload) is a metabolic disorder that leads to abnormally elevated iron stores in the body. The excess iron may accumulate in the tissues of the liver, pancreas, and heart and can lead to inflammation, cirrhosis, liver cancer, and liver failure. Hemachromatosis is an inherited disease. Treatment for Liver Cancer
Primary cancers of the liver arise from liver structures and cells. Two examples include hepatocellular carcinoma and cholangiocarcinoma. Metastatic cancer (secondary cancer of the liver) begins in another organ and spreads to the liver, usually through the blood stream. Common cancers that spread to the liver begin in the lung, breast, large intestine, stomach, and pancreas. Leukemia and Hodgkin’s lymphoma may also involve the liver.
How to Reduce Your Risk
As mentioned above, liver cancer is typically not obvious in someone until it has developed considerably. For this reason, the best form of defense is prevention. Consider some of the above-mentioned risk factors and narrow any that might occur within your life. Here are some helpful general guidelines to avoid risk factors.
– Reduce your risk of contracting hepatitis. You can do this by avoiding sex with people that haven’t been tested, wearing protection during intercourse, avoid injecting drugs and stay mindful around people who have hepatitis. Treatment for Liver Cancer
– It’s best for the body to cease all alcohol and tobacco use altogether, but a regulation routine is better than nothing. The serious risk for liver cancer comes when drinking or smoking becomes a daily crutch. If you are a smoker, find here 5 scientifically proven ways to quit smoking.
– A healthy diet and fitness routine will strengthen your immune system and make your body more apt to fighting off disease. It will also reduce your risk of obesity, which is commonly linked to liver cancer. You can also find here foods that protect against cancer development.
– If your workplace has industrial chemicals or any environmental carcinogens, make sure to take the proper protective measures. Instead of using chemicals, try to find natural alternatives. Treatment for Liver Cancer
– Families with a history of diseases that increase the risk of liver cancer should be screened regularly.
– As is with mostly any disease, liver cancer is the easiest to treat when it’s been detected in the early stages. Regular testing could make a medical struggle much easier, especially if the individual suspects they have any of the above-mentioned risk factors or symptoms. Treatment for Liver Cancer
– Supplementation: The best way to resolve and prevent liver cancer/infection is by being on Herbal supplements, supplements helps your liver to function effectively since they provide the body with the right vitamins and minerals (nutrients). Particularly, antibiotics, anti–oxidants and anti-inflammatory supplements will help have a natural solution to liver cancer/infections. Treatment for Liver Cancer
Natural Remedy for Liver Cancer/Disease Treatment for Liver Cancer
The herbal Liver Detox Remedy Pack have multiple functions, and together form an important part of supplements to enhance and protect the vital liver function system.
The Liver Detox Kit is designed to detoxify, flush and purge the liver of built up toxins.
Toxins accumulate and forms when the liver isn’t functioning at normal efficiency. A Liver Detox involves eating a healthy organic diet and adapting a healthy lifestyle habits, herbal liver cleanse supplement for 2 to 3 weeks to stimulate the liver and soften any deposits. The Liver Detox protocol also includes an intestinal cleanse with probiotic supplement which helps encourage a balanced internal environment to enable proper nutrient into the blood streams. The Liver Cleanse Kit is a pack…